Call for Teaching Artists
Artists, teachers, musicians, film makers, photographers, writers, actors, directors, dancers, tech gurus, creative innovators from the Catskill or Hudson Valley region, join Bethel Woods Center for the Arts as a Teaching Artist and “inspire, educate and empower through the arts and humanities!” Apply below and take an active role in shaping and inspiring our creative community! Local Teaching Artists envision and implement project-specific programming for learners of all ages in a myriad of programming opportunities. 2018 Opportunities are flexible, part-time, project-based, and compensated.
How to apply to be a Teaching Artist for Bethel Woods Center for the Arts:
Please send the following materials to [email protected] with “Teaching Artist: [Your Name]” as the subject:
- A cover letter that introduces and details your interest in joining us as a teaching artist and includes your contact information (phone, email, address.)
- A resume demonstrating experience as an artist and/or a teacher
- A short teaching philosophy
- A link to your professional website or portfolio (if available)
- Sample 1 hour lesson plan that includes: class age range, supply list, goals/outcomes, a step-by-step teaching process that ties the goals/outcomes to your lesson, and discussion /reflection questions.
- Three professional references’ contact information (phone, email, mailing address)
Teaching Artist applications are reviewed on a revolving basis. An interview invitation will be sent if materials complement Bethel Woods Arts & Humanities Programs. Please, no phone calls. All teaching artists hired by Bethel Woods undergo a drug test and a background check.
Donations help to support our mission to be a world-class cultural center committed to inspire, educate and empower individuals through the arts and humanities.