Call for Teaching Artists
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is looking to continue expanding and enriching its program offerings through collaborations with local professional artists. Please consider joining us in achieving our mission “to inspire, educate and empower through creative learning.”
If you are a professional artist, musician, writer, actor, director, dancer (or other) that has experience teaching and wishes to take an active role in shaping and inspiring the creative capital of tomorrow, you are exactly what Bethel Woods is looking for!
Our 12 month Artist-In-Residence program offers the opportunity for artists to engage with audiences of all ages in project specific programming that support Bethel woods mission driven programs. We are striving to expand our roster of teaching artists from the community to engage in project-specific programming for learners of all ages. If you are interested in becoming a resource and possible collaborator for future programs, please join our teaching artist mailing list to learn about openings. Opportunities will be part-time, project-based, and compensated with stipends.
How to apply to be a Teaching Artist for Bethel Woods Center for the Arts:
Please send the following materials to [email protected] with “Teaching Artist: [Your Name]” as the subject:
- A cover letter that introduces and details your interest in joining us as a teaching artist and includes your contact information (phone, email, address.)
- A resume demonstrating experience as an artist and/or a teacher
- A short teaching philosophy
- A link to your professional website or portfolio (if available)
- Sample 1 hour lesson plan that includes: class age range, supply list, goals/outcomes, a step-by-step teaching process that ties the goals/outcomes to your lesson, and discussion /reflection questions.
- Three professional references’ contact information (phone, email, mailing address)
Teaching Artist applications are reviewed on a revolving basis. An interview invitation will be sent if materials complement Bethel Woods Arts & Humanities Programs. Please, no phone calls. All teaching artists hired by Bethel Woods undergo a drug test and a background check.
Donations help to support our mission to be a world-class cultural center committed to inspire, educate and empower individuals through the arts and humanities.