2014 Bethel Woods Craft Beer Festival & Chili Cook-off
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts continues to brew up fun with the Bethel Woods Craft Beer Festival and Chili Cook-Off, an outdoor beer, food and music festival designed to stimulate and educate your palate through local food and unbelievable regional beer. Craft beers from over 20 breweries will be available for sampling against a backdrop of live music at the site of the 1969 Woodstock festival. The spacious Market Sheds at Bethel Woods will also be the place for local food favorites for sale by a selection of vendors.
General Admission Sampling Pass ticket includes a commemorative glass and unlimited sampling. Tickets, if available on October 11, will be $45 at the gate. Only a limited number of tickets will be sold.
A VIP Sampling Pass is available for $75 per person and includes the above, plus early access to the breweries from 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM, souvenir shirt and laminate, and admission to The Museum at Bethel Woods.
A $15 designated driver ticket is available and includes Museum admission, access to vendors, food and live music only -- NO BEER SAMPLING.
IMPORTANT INFO: Everyone MUST BE 21+ years of age to purchase tickets and valid ID is required for admission. Event staff reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime. Sorry, no children, strollers or pets. No outside food or beverage permitted. We are well stocked, but beer selections are subject to availability and may change without notice.The event held in the Market Sheds and is rain or shine.
The traditional Chili Day in October Chili Cook-off starts at 12:00 p.m. inside the Event Gallery for ALL AGES. It features chili sampling and voting for a $2 donation to benefit participating organizations. Tickets to the Craft Beer sampling NOT required for admission to the Chili Cook-off
Confirmed Breweries include:
- Blue Point Brewing Company
- Callicoon Brewing Company
- Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.
- Catskill Brewery - check out Nightshine: Black Lager, a special brew created just for the Bethel Woods Craft Beer Festival!
- Cricket Hill Brewery
- Crossroads Brewing Company
- Doc's Draft Hard Ciders
- Empire Brewing Company
- Gravity Ciders
- Ithaca Brewing Company
- Keegan Ales
- Kuka-Andean Brewing Company
- Lake Placid Brewery
- Naked Flock Hard Cider
- Roscoe Beer Co.
- Rushing Duck Brewery
- Sixpoint Brewery
- Sloop Brewing Co.
- Yonkers Brewing Co.
- Andersen’s Maple Farm - Maple products (syrup, cream, sugar), Pancake Mix, Frozen Beef, Squash and Pumpkins
- Aunt Nenee’s - Cookies, Cakes, Tea Breads, Soda Breads, Scones, Jams
- Bacon Bites - Chocolate covered Bacon
- Blonde Chick Studio - Unique Costume Jewelry
- Buddhapesto - Pesto made with basil, parsley, pine nuts, olive oil, romano cheese and garlic
- Cheeky Monkey Foods - Tomato Garlic Oil
- Dutch Desserts - Fruit and Chocolate Tarts
- Jockey Hollow Brewer Guild - Educational Demonstrations on Home Brewing
- J&W Triple B - Leather Belts and Belt Buckles
- Maya’s Jams - 12 Flavors of 100% Fruit Jam
- Natural Valley Kitchen - Gourmet Line of Healthy Veggie Burgers, Kale Chips, Quinoa Cookies
- Northern Farmhouse Pasta - Ravioli, Fresh and Dried Pasta
- Periwinkles at Rhinebeck - Cakeballs & Handmade Bath and Body Products
- Perry’s Pickles - Jarred Pickled Products and Barrel Style Pickles
- Palatine Valley Dairy - Variety or Flavors of Cheddar Cheese
- Pika’s Farm Table - Quiches, Soups, Pesto, Dips, Salsa, Pot Pies
- Platte Clove Naturals - Granolas and Salad Dressings
- Whipped Cupcakes - Gourmet Cupcakes and Cakes in a variety of Flavors
- Wildcoyote - Hand Crafted Gourmet Hot Sauce in 9 Varieties
- Yona’s Gourmet Delights - Quiche, Bourekas, Apple Turnovers, Cookies, Brownies, Baklava
Check back often for new additions of confirmed breweries and specialty vendors!
Craft Beer Festival Performers:
New York natives, Emish, have forged their own Americana folk rock sound by colliding a background of Irish, rock, and folk influences. This independent, power-folk band initially found success in a grassroots manner. Supported by their local and dedicated fan base, Emish has repeatedly been voted the "Best Band of the Hudson Valley", including the 2012 title. Since it's inception in 2005, the group has grown to include support from the national stage as well. Their high energy, live performances and distinct sound have catapulted Emish to be a sought-out headlining act at major festivals and concerts across the US, including the likes of Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Folk & Irish festivals, as well as, the more intimate setting of theaters or small concert settings.
In Emish's fourth album, the group ventured further into the Americana movement focusing on their original songs written by award winning front man, Bobby Curreri, while highlighting the bands multi-instrumentalists Christy Brown and Jen Curreri on fiddle, flute, cello, accordion, trumpet and whistle and rounding out the sounds with powerful rhythm of bass and Andrew Hulle on percussion. With the anticipated release of this album, which was completely funded by their fan base, it will be more evident than ever why one of the largest US festivals, Irish 2000 has quoted Emish as a "Force to be reckoned with", while the NY based IPH radio station awarded the first annual "Mighty Craic Award" to Emish. Bobby Curreri has also been named as the"Best Singer/Songwriter" of both 2011 and 2012 while the full band took home "Best Band" for the fourth year.
It is hard to remain indifferent in front of this band. You feel trapped by their music, drunk with it.
Every performance by MARAH is an explosion of vitality, energy and authentic passion for pure, undistilled rock&roll. Their melodies are so wonderful that they almost hurt, hitting you with well-aimed blows of honesty. Getting through them is entering a magical universe of deep lyrical poetry, across which parade the dark side of the street, the soul’s emotions and dreams. Stories that scratch the surface looking for deeper meanings, that go right through your skin and broaden your heart.
Without a break, without respite, they knit a moving visceral rock which they spit from deep inside, making bitterness turn out beautiful if you truly feel it. Without renouncing the freshness of present time, they integrate their chords together with ancestral roots which they re-invent time and time again, shaking your blood and soul to the point of distorting your senses. The result is a sort of gorgeous music they generously give away to make the world look more inhabitable to us, with more room for goodness and beauty. Thanks MARAH!
All dates, acts, times and ticket prices subject to change without notice.
- Oct 11 , 2014
- Market Sheds
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM VIP Tasting
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM General Admission
$40 Sampling Pass ($45 Day of)
$15 Designated Driver including Museum admission
$75 VIP Sampling Pass including Museum admission
$2 Donation for Chili Cook-off in Event Gallery
Click here to purchase a VIP Sampling Pass ticket.
Click here to purchase a Designated Driver ticket.
- Buy Tickets Now