P.L.A.Y: PEACE. LOVE. ARTS. YOU.
P.L.A.Y. programs visit Bethel Woods Center for the Arts for 3 weeks and offer music and theater workshops for kids ages 9-15 each summer.
In 2019, we will offer the following sessions:
- P.L.A.Y. 5 days of Peace, Love and Music - Ages 4-8 | Monday, June 24 - Friday, June 28
- P.L.A.Y. Music - Ages 9-15 | Monday, July 22 - Friday, August 9
- P.L.A.Y. Theater - Ages 9-15 | Monday, July 1 - Friday, July 19
- P.L.A.Y. 5 days of Peace, Love and Music - Ages 4-8 | Monday, August 19 - Friday, August 23
Programs run 9am-4pm Monday through Friday. Tuition assistance available. Enrollment is limited.
- Through exploration of creative writing, song composition chorus, small ensemble music making and fundamental instrumental skills, participants will develop and combine original pieces to be celebrated on stage in a public "sharing out" event.
- 9-15 year olds will participate in a 3-week program. P.L.A.Y. : Music runs from 9am– 4pm M-F
- Through exploration of creative writing and theatre technique, and with the guidance from resident artists, participants will develop and combine original pieces - from sets to monologues, from dances to songs, from poems to prose – to be celebrated on stage for a single, collaborative presentation.
- 9-15 year olds will participate in a 3-week program. P.L.A.Y: Theater runs from 9am – 4pm M-F
For more information, contact us at [email protected]
P.L.A.Y. Programs are made possible in part by a grant from the John N. Blackman Sr. Foundation
Funding for arts and humanities, outreach and museum education programs has been provided by Bethel Woods members and donors and through generous gifts from foundations, individuals and agencies including: The American Gift Fund, the Tammy and Keith Anderson Foundation, the AT&T Aspire Program, the John N. Blackman Sr. Foundation, Annelise Gerry and Family, Robyn Gerry, Nellie and Robert Gipson, Humanities NY, IBM, Joan Kaplan, the William and Elaine Kaplan Family Foundations, Liberty Properties Inc., the Monticello Motor Club, New Music USA, the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, Resorts World Catskills, the Rhulen Loughlin Family -- in memory of Trevor John Loughlin, Rolling V Bus Corporation, James and Kelly Schmitt and Stewarts Shops. Transportation and tuition assistance has been made possible in part by Dan and Joan Silna, and TD Charitable Foundation, and the Williams Endowed Education Fund at Bethel Woods Center for the Arts.
Donations help to support our mission to be a world-class cultural center committed to inspire, educate and empower individuals through the arts and humanities.