PEACE, LOVE & POSTERS CONTEST
The Woodstock festival of 1969 captured the spirit of a generation and the imagination of the world.
Fifty years later, Bethel Woods seeks a poster design that will capture how this spirit of community and creativity continues.
- The Contest invites students, amateurs and professionals to design a poster that captures Bethel Woods’ mission to inspire, educate and empower individuals through the arts and humanities.
- The task is not to design another “festival poster,” but to express visually where the world can go together in the next fifty years.
- The poster should speak to our collective desire to build a kinder, more inclusive and enlightened society through the power of creativity, self-actualization, love and understanding.
- The winning poster will be used widely by Bethel Woods during the golden anniversary year.
- The Grand Prize will be a cash prize of $2,500, an all expenses paid trip to Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, and participation in a Vibrations event featuring world renown poster designers. In addition, several $500 prizes will be awarded to runners up.
Donations help to support our mission to be a world-class cultural center committed to inspire, educate and empower individuals through the arts and humanities.