PEACE, LOVE & POSTERS CONTEST
The Woodstock festival of 1969 captured the spirit of a generation and the imagination of the world.
Fifty years later, Bethel Woods seeks a poster design that will capture how this spirit of community and creativity continues.
- The Contest invites students, amateurs and professionals to design a poster that captures Bethel Woods’ mission to inspire, educate and empower individuals through the arts and humanities.
- The task is not to design another “festival poster,” but to express visually where the world can go together in the next fifty years.
- The poster should speak to our collective desire to build a kinder, more inclusive and enlightened society through the power of creativity, self-actualization, love and understanding.
- The winning poster will be used widely by Bethel Woods during the golden anniversary year.
- The Grand Prize will be a cash prize of $2,500, an all expenses paid trip to Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, and participation in a Vibrations event featuring world renown poster designers. In addition, several $500 prizes will be awarded to runners up.
Sign up below for email updates and for more details and full contest rules. Contest will begin on February 6, 2019!
Donations help to support our mission to be a world-class cultural center committed to inspire, educate and empower individuals through the arts and humanities.