Bethel Woods Center for the Arts inspires, educates, and empowers individuals through the arts and humanities by presenting a diverse selection of culturally-rich performances, popular artists, and community and educational programming. Located 90 miles from New York City at the site of the 1969 Woodstock festival in Bethel, NY, the lush 800-acre campus includes a Pavilion Stage amphitheater with seating for 15,000, an intimate 440-seat indoor Event Gallery, the award-winning Museum at Bethel Woods, and a Conservatory for creative learning programming.
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts inspires, educates, and empowers individuals through the arts and humanities.
Envisioned future: A unique educational, performance, and retreat environment focused on building creative capital to inspire individuals to contribute positively to the world around them.
- We will draw inspiration from our unique place in history.
- We encourage individual creativity and expression.
- We recognize and value the arts and humanities and their contribution to physical and psychological wellbeing and its positive impact upon individuals and communities.
- We honor the participation of staff, volunteers, and donors and count as essential their contributions to Bethel Woods' mission.
- We will create a safe and enjoyable environment for all who work and visit.
- We intend to leverage our success for the economic and social benefit of Sullivan County.
- We will maintain our grounds and facilities to the highest standards.
- We respect all individuals and value diversity of ideas, abilities, and expression.