Are you passionate about historic preservation and the impact one single act can have on the future?
Volunteer at Bethel Woods Center for the Arts! You’ll become part of a community dedicated to sharing your knowledge and interpreting our unique history for visitors from around the world. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Bethel Woods relies on the generosity of volunteers who give their time, talent, and attention every year.
In 2023, our volunteers donated almost 18,000 hours to Bethel Woods!
This was time spent leading guests through The Museum at Bethel Woods, and helping many discover the unique history of our historic grounds. Join a community of volunteers who make an impact. From specially-trained Museum docents, some of whom are alumni of the original Woodstock festival, to those who help kids on a class trip understand the impact the 1960s have on today’s society and cultural movements, our volunteers are the heart of Bethel Woods.
Where can you make a difference?
- Museum: Volunteers in our museum help our guests to understand the significance of Woodstock and the culture of the 1960s by providing unique insight about our exhibits.
- Concerts: Volunteer your time to help create memorable, high-quality experiences for our concert guests, and listen to some of the world's most iconic musical groups & artists perform live at the same time!
- Programs: Donate your time to our arts-based education programs that help teach a new generation the spirit of the '60s through music, crafts, and theater.
- Festivals: Festivals highlight the talent and beauty of Sullivan County and are a much-anticipated and cherished series of events, reminiscent of the communal experience that occurred on the very grounds in 1969.
- In the Office: Administrative tasks help assist our full-time staff and will give you a better understanding of the 'behind the scenes' work that goes on at Bethel Woods.
- Stay busy. Studies have found that helping others has tangible benefits, both mental and physical, from lowering your blood pressure to reducing feelings of depression.
- Meet interesting people. From guests to fellow volunteers, become a part of a community that also values history, music, and the arts - just as you do!
- Work around your schedule. We offer extensive training and flexible scheduling with minimal requirements. We're just grateful you're here!
- Help make a difference in your community. You are helping create memorable, high-quality experiences for guests of all ages.