Production Runner – Seasonal; July – October 2021
Who are we?
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit arts center which opened in 2006 at the historic site of the 1969 Woodstock festival in Sullivan County, New York. Today the state-of-the-art amphitheater is regarded as one of the most beautiful venues in the country, and has presented performances from top rock, pop, country, classical and jazz entertainers. The campus also features The Museum at Bethel Woods which interprets and presents the history of the 1960s and The 1969 Woodstock Festival.
Who are you?
Someone passionate about being a part of the live music industry. Motivated and resourceful, eager to provide exceptional support and service to our clients, and capable of displaying a professional and personable attitude with touring and venue personnel. Able to think on your feet, multi-task and react to changing circumstances. If this sounds like you, then please read on!
- Provide transportation for touring and venue personnel throughout the show day, such as hotel and airport pickups and drop offs using either personal car or company-provided vehicle.
- Run errands such as laundry, grocery shopping, package delivery, equipment rentals, coffee runs, etc.
- Coordinate large take-out orders with local restaurants, purchasing, retrieving and distributing to touring personnel.
- Coordinate large shopping lists from local grocery stores, deliver to the venue.
- Assist touring and venue staff with general production-related duties.
- Maintain cash and receipts.
- Provide local area information to touring staff.
- Comfortable driving company leased 15-passenger and cargo vans.
- Light administrative duties such as making copies, posting signs and cash reconciliation.
- Confidentiality is very critical to the role.
- 18 years of age or older, 21 years of age a plus!
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record and fully insured
- Safe driving habits a must
- Punctual - early is on time!
- Operational cell phone
- Friendly and personable, works well with others but also able to work independently
- Reliable and responsible
- Professional and courteous
- Able to work a long day (typical show day runs about 16 to 18 hours)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Large personal vehicle, SUV or mini-van a big plus, but not mandatory
- Thorough knowledge of the local area a big plus, but not mandatory
- Background Check and Drug Screen required
- Physical Activity-Frequency
- Walking, climbing stairs-Frequent
- Near Vision-Constant
- Far Vision-Constant
- Lifting/Carrying (50+ lbs)-Frequent
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Production Runner [Your Name].
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Bethel Woods Center for the Arts may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.