The Bartender is responsible for the service of all beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. They must be personable, professional and able to work in an ever changing fast-paced environment. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Must demonstrate ability to meet the company standard for excellent in the areas of guest service, interaction with co-workers and uniform standards.
- Follow the bar pre-shift notes and bar menus and provide service as described.
- Serve alcoholic beverages following all proper procedures for serving alcoholic drinks including state/federal regulations pertaining to the distribution of alcohol.
- Responsible to learn or have knowledge of various beer, wine varieties & spirits available, and be able to learn to suggestively upsell products to guests.
- Must pour drinks responsibly in accordance with company standards for serving size.
- Must check guest’s ID in accordance with state/federal regulations to verify minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- Must communicate a cut-off to a guest as required.
- Listening and responding to any customer requests or concerns.
- Bartenders are expected to de-escalate intoxicated guest situations. If a guest becomes confrontational, belligerent, or uses extreme profanity, the bartender may contact management or security as required.
- Contact a management member if he/she is unable to resolve or make a decision beyond the scope of standard decision-making.
- Request additional product or restock product as required
- Ability to handle cash accurately is required. Employee is responsible for issued bank at his/her bar.
- Maintains clean and sanitary work station at all times. Ensures bar equipment is clean & well maintained.
- Other duties as assigned such as set-up and breakdown of bar equipment as required and assisting with organization of the cooler
- Six months or more experience bartending or bartending school preferred.
- Accurate cash handling skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be self-directed while working in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and long hours.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently communicating with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business like and respectful manner. Required to constantly multi-task between two or more tasks and prioritize between these tasks while working under time limits in moderate to high pressure situations. This position requires constant attention to details following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Position requires frequent ability to work on a task independently and frequently work as a part of a team for a variety of tasks. Ability to learn proper techniques for serving alcoholic beverages. Ability to speak and read in English at an intermediate level. Ability to handle cash with accuracy and responsibly. This includes ability to calculate basic math functions including addition and subtraction, calculations of percentages.
While performing duties of the job, the employee will constantly be required to grasp, fingering manipulation of product, feel. Employee will frequently push & lift food product and supplies. Frequently requires employee to pull, climb, stoop, kneel to push carts of supplies. Vision requires ability to constantly adjust focus and close vision to read instructions. Ability to frequently hear communication of others is a loud eventenvironment.Constantstanding,walkingandmovingaboutalargeeventfacilityisrequired. Ability to lift 50 pounds, and push carts of product up to 150 pounds.
The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. Exposure to loud environment including frequently communicating with guests in a loud environment, working in crowded workspaces and in crowded events with 1000 guests or more. Exposure to potentially intoxicated guests. Employees will frequently work on tasks independently or on small teams.
To begin the process interested applicants should submit a completed application to Lance or via mail to: Spectra Food Services | P.O. Box 223 | Bethel, NY 12720