Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is seeking a qualified candidate to lead its accounting and finance department, serving as a senior member of the management team. Located at the site of the original 1969 Woodstock Festival, Bethel Woods offers world-class concerts, festivals, and creative programs. The cultural center includes an award-winning museum which interprets the legacy of the iconic site and the transformative decade of the 1960s. Situated on over 900 acres of land in Sullivan County, Bethel Woods is a premier employer in New York’s Hudson Valley.
The Senior Director of Finance and Accounting is tasked to assist in the formulation of policy and strategy. Candidates should be adept in financial management, accounting policies, internal controls, GAAP, external reporting and cost accounting. The position requires impeccable attention to detail and a willingness to roll up sleeves and assist with fundraising, business planning, negotiations and legal matters.
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is a nonprofit cultural center and museum located at the site of the original 1969 Woodstock Festival. Situated on over 900 acres of land in Sullivan County, New York, Bethel Woods is the gatekeeper of the historic and transformative decade of the 1960s. The Center’s offerings include world-class concerts, festivals, exhibitions, and educational programs.
The Senior Director of Finance and Accounting is responsible for the management of the accounting and financial operations of the Center.
- Establish and maintain GAAP-compliant accounting policies and procedures, while monitoring effective internal controls.
- Direct financial audits and assist with external compliance/regulatory reporting.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and routine P&L analysis.
- Accurate and timely dissemination of financial information and management reports, reviewing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Oversee disbursement activities and monitor daily cash flow position.
- Complies with federal, state and local compliance requirements by studying new and existing legislation and staying abreast of shifting industry standards and trends.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Review expenses and make suggestions to contain costs and review options.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to the accounting team and others as needed.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting and Box Office departments to maximize productivity.
- Maintenance and management chart of accounts.
- Provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Preparation and consolidation of departmental budgets.
- Ensure preparation and submission of complete and accurate financial reports, 990, grants, etc.
- Act as an integrated, collaborative member of the management team.
- BS/BA in Finance and/or Accounting.
- 10 years of accounting or finance experience required; managerial experience preferred.
- Ability to prepare financial reports and statements.
- Not-for-profit experience preferred.
- Must have strong computer skills and advanced Excel skills.
- Experience in with financial software (Great Plains and Jet Reporting preferred).
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
To apply, please submit an your resume and cover letter to HR@BethelWoodsCenter.org with "Senior Director of Finance and Accounting: [Your Name]" as the subject line.