Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is currently seeking interns for its Marketing, Communications, & Live Events Department for the summer 2020 term.
The intern will act as producer and project manager, creating digital, share-worthy stories, videos, photos and other interactive items from concept to completion. The intern will document and report on the organization's programs and events; producing high quality, compelling original video and photo content which drives exposure for, and engagement with, our programs and mission. Duties include photography and videography, reporting, conducting interviews, organizing content libraries, obtaining photo releases, photo and video editing. This is a paid internship.
- Responsible for creation, planning, execution, and post-production of images and video which tell engaging, visual stories about our brand and mission while driving engagement with our website and social media channels
- Lead and coordinate photo/video shoots for varied projects including documentary style shoots involving our guests, students, employees and performers; programs and performances; and other projects to be determined
- Use editorial calendar to ensure messaging, positioning, events, news, holidays and historic events are captured or acknowledged appropriately
- Research and develop story ideas
- Photograph, film and produce video content
- Organize photographs, videos, and other documentation
- Collect and organize photo/video release forms
- Edit photos/videos and prepare for web and digital media
- Specific projects assigned will vary depending on the dates of the internship.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in the arts, youth and history; be currently taking or have recently completed courses in the visual arts/film production/photography; have experience taking and editing photos and video; have strong oral and written communication skills; and be comfortable in front of, and behind the camera.
- Exceptional video and photography skills
- Excellent communication skills and in-depth knowledge of digital and social media platforms
- Must be creative, hardworking and a self starter
- Ability to conceptualize and execute a shoot to meet project specifications
- Working knowledge of technical aspects of video production, including lighting, camera set-up and operation
- Avid user of Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, and other popular social media outlets
- Must have knowledge and experience in photo and video editing software
- Storytelling expertise
- Ability to work under deadlines and appropriately prioritize tasks
- Well organized and self-motivated
- Flexible work schedule (nights and weekends required)
- Major in Communication, Television/Media Production, Film.Video Production, Photography, or related field is preferred
- Reliable transportation and valid state drivers license
- Preferred experience with Adobe Creative Suite ( Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign), and video editing
- Please note: Employment is predicated upon a pre-employment drug screening
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Content Creator Intern: [Your Name]” as the subject.
In addition to a resume and cover letter, please share a portfolio of work if available.