Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is looking to continue expanding and enriching its program offerings through collaborations with local professional artists. Please consider joining us in achieving our mission “to inspire, educate and empower through the arts and humanities.”
If you are a professional artist, musician, writer, actor, director, dancer (or other) from the Catskill or Hudson Valley region that has experience teaching and wishes to take an active role in shaping and inspiring the creative capital of tomorrow, you are exactly what Bethel Woods is looking for!
We are striving to expand our roster of teaching artists from the community to engage in project-specific programming for learners of all ages. If you are interested in becoming a resource and possible collaborator for future programs, please follow the instructions below. Opportunities will be part-time, project-based, and compensated with stipends.
How to apply to be a Teaching Artist for Bethel Woods Center for the Arts:
Please assemble the following materials in an electronic format and send them to email@example.com with “Teaching Artist: [Your Name]” as the subject:
- A cover letter that introduces and details your interest in joining us as a teaching artist
- A resume demonstrating experience as both an artist and a teacher
- A statement of your teaching philosophy
- A digital portfolio and/or a link to your professional website that demonstrates your work in your chosen medium
- Sample lesson plan (approximately 45-minutes – 1.5 hours) that demonstrates your approach to teaching your chosen medium. This should include: age range for intended participants, necessary supplies, goals/outcomes of the proposed lesson, a detailed, step-by-step process that demonstrates an aspect of your chosen art form and ties back to the goals/outcomes your lesson aims to achieve, and follow up questions for discussion/reflection that relate to the lesson and its themes
- Three professional references with complete contact information (phone, email, mailing address)
- Please be sure your materials include all of your contact information (phone(s), email, mailing address)
- Please note: Applicants may be required to satisfactorily pass a drug screen and/or background check as part of the hiring process
Teaching Artist applicants will be reviewed and contacted with an invitation to interview if it is determined that they are a good fit for our programs, their development, and their implementation. Please, no phone calls.