What is the address for Bethel Woods?
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is located at 200 Hurd Rd, Bethel, NY 12720. If you wish to write to us, please send correspondence to our business office:
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts
P.O. Box 222
Liberty, NY 12754
e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get to Bethel Woods?
View the Directions and Parking page for more information.
Is Bethel Woods the actual location of Woodstock?
Yes, Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is on the grounds of the original 1969 Woodstock festival. The festival was originally slated to happen in Woodstock, NY, hence the name; however, due to permit changes, the organizers of the festival moved it to Max Yasgur's farm in Bethel, NY, where Bethel Woods Center for the Arts now resides.
What are the different venues at Bethel Woods?
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is an outdoor performing arts center and museum located approximately 90 minutes from New York City at the site of the 1969 Woodstock Music and Art Fair in Bethel, NY.
- The 15,000 seat outdoor performing arts venue and The Museum are set within nearly 800 bucolic acres.
- The Pavilion seats 4,500 under cover with another 10,500 on a natural sloping lawn while offering unique backdrops of the Sullivan County countryside.
- The Event Gallery, located in The Museum, seats up to 400 for intimate performances spring through fall.
- The Harvest Festival Site features a craft and farmers’ market, performances and activities for the family on Sundays from Labor Day through Columbus Day weekend.
- The original Woodstock site also holds a permit for 30,000 concertgoers to attend major musical events.
What are the general policies at the center?
At Bethel Woods, we strive to provide all our guests with a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable atmosphere.
- Bethel Woods has designated smoking areas at the rear walkway at the TOP of the lawn hill. Smoking is limited to this designated area only. There is NO SMOKING on the lawn, in the Pavilion or pathways, this includes the use of electronic cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and chewing tobacco. Non-compliance will be cause for removal from the facility.
- There is no charge for parking when entering our lots, please keep traffic flowing.
- Parking lots and gate times vary by event. The member gate opens approximately 30 minutes before General Gates. Check the individual event pages on our website for more details.
- Allow yourself at least 20 minutes to travel from your vehicle to the Pavilion seating area
- Each guest in the pavilion must be a ticket holder with an assigned seat.
- Pets are not allowed on the premises (service animals are permitted).
- There is a no re-entry policy upon exiting the venue.
- We are a live concert venue and you should expect guests to occasionally stand and dance, especially at rock and contemporary concerts.
- We have a "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Entry" policy. For the safety of all guests, this policy is strictly enforced.
- For the safety and convenience of all guests, every person is subject to search at the venue.
- Bethel Woods reserves the right to eject anyone under the age of twenty-one (21) who is observed to be in possession of, or consuming alcohol on the premises, including our parking lots.
How much does parking cost?
There is no charge for general admission Healey Brothers parking. Secure, well lit parking is available at Bethel Woods. Premium Parking is available in advance when you purchase your concert ticket online, by phone or at the Bethel Woods Box Office.
Premium Parking offers reserved parking in Lot D, close to the Hurd Road crosswalk.
Is the venue handicap and wheelchair accessible?
Yes. Bethel Woods exceeds standards for Accessibility. Parking for guests with a valid handicap license plate or other authorized identification is available near the Accessible/Special Needs Transportation Depot. Guests should follow signage towards the Accessible parking areas for designated parking.
To further protect our guests with needs, police routinely monitor this area for abuse. The person for whom the tag was issued MUST be in the vehicle. Guests requiring accessible seating should make advance reservations to avoid disappointment in the event of a sold out performance.
Can I rent a wheelchair for a Pavilion show?
We have an extremely limited amount and cannot guarantee you a wheelchair. You are encouraged to bring yours and utilize the ADA accessibility cart, where staff can assist you in loading it in/out.
How can I get ADA seating?
At the back of sections 6-11 & 100, there is wheelchair accessible seating, available for people with disabilities plus one companion. These tickets can be purchased directly on Ticketmaster.
Is there a lost and found and where is it located?
To report a lost item, please fill out this form.
Is there an ATM machine inside the venue?
Yes. Four ATMs are located on site: outside the Box Office and at each of the three major concession areas: House Right, House Left, and Festival Plaza (ask any staff member to guide you).
Please be aware we have gone cashless! MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover Card are accepted.
Cash will still be accepted in the Museum Shop and at the Box Office.
Where can I find information concerning traffic or weather concerns on performance days?
Visit our website or follow us on Facebook. You can also tune into 107.7FM for up to the minute concert and traffic information.
I have a band and want to perform at Bethel Woods! How can I do that?
Thank you so much for reaching out! We appreciate your enthusiasm for our events.
If you don’t mind, we’d love to have you submit an application here: https://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/events/festivals/musician-application that our programming team can review when it gets closer to the event that you are interested in.
How do I become a Bethel Woods Member or Business Partner? What are the benefits?
Your contribution supports Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, a not-for-profit cultural organization committed to inspire, educate and empower individuals through the arts and humanities. By becoming a Member, you will receive exclusive benefits and privileges to honor your support and enhance your experience, including advance notice of performances and exclusive pre-sales, among others.
The array of programming offered by Bethel Woods Center for the Arts fosters unique opportunities for businesses to promote their product or services directly to a diverse audience. Learn more about how your business can connect with our Concert, Museum, and Festival patrons through a sponsorship and/or program journal advertisement.
How does my not-for-profit organization request donated tickets for fundraising?
If you’re a not-for-profit organization holding an event, Bethel Woods can provide tickets to aid in your fundraising and awareness. Donation requests must be submitted in writing on official organization letterhead to donations@BethelWoodsCenter.org or faxed to ATTN: DONATIONS: 845-295-2444.